Strategic Account Executive - Brand
Tacoma, WA 98401 US
We are seeking a highly self-motivated Strategic Account Executive with experience to lead the business development of our programs on cross-functional, matrix project teams and/or clinical sub-teams. This individual will serve as a subject matter expert who works effectively with internal and external partners. The successful candidate will understand what it takes to excel in a dynamic midsize company environment. The Strategic Account Executive will be a part of a collaborative team that helps drive and push one another to continued success. The Strategic Account Executive will focus on an organization's high-value corporate accounts and priority partners, identifying key influencers and stakeholders while establishing new relationships with target connections in the clinical field and nurturing existing relationships to generate more revenue from current accounts. The Strategic Account Executive will deliver sales pitches, proposals, and presentations, emphasizing solutions for customer challenges and pain points. Finally, the Strategic Account Executive will recommend expanded services and enhance solutions to existing customers to grow successful accounts.
Primary Job Duties
- Develop and execute sales plans to meet or exceed targets, including prospecting at the senior executive level and establishing new client and customer relationships.
- Develop an actionable strategy roadmap with recommendations for issues and find innovation opportunities where possible.
- Knowledge of market research, sales, and negotiating principles.
- Confer or consult with department heads to plan advertising services and to secure information on equipment and customer specifications
- Lead and/or engage with teams to develop innovations for new services, business models, and development capabilities.
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Oversee regional and local sales managers and their staffs.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Monitor customer preferences to determine the focus of sales efforts.
- Work with clinical operations, marketing, and finance teams to create compelling value propositions and messaging.
- Understanding Managed Care Organizations, Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans, Third-Party Administrators, Health Systems, Employers, and other healthcare entities.
- Ongoing analysis of pipeline and lead data, providing regular reporting to the sales and marketing teams providing key business insights:
- Typical reporting relates to Demand Generation
- Pipeline Forecast and Trends
- Conversion Rates
- Target Account
- Market Segmentation
- Win/Loss, Age
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and CRM software (e.g., Salesforce).
- History of building strong relationships and networking contacts in the healthcare industry.
- Ability to work effectively with departmental colleagues in a team setting.
- Demonstrated strengths in oral and written communication and analytical abilities.
- A high degree of computer literacy using Windows, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Anticipate changes in client, patient, and other drivers of demand in the marketplace.
- Partner with clinical operations and finance teams to guide prospects through savings and ROI analyses.
- Forecast and manage sales pipelines to track and drive progress toward growth objectives.
- Implement a structured and consistent communication framework to ensure internal stakeholders and senior management have up-to-date visibility into their account status and opportunities to identify and implement corrective actions early in the process.
- Negotiate contractual and financial terms and ensure ongoing customer satisfaction during presales and post-sales engagements.
- Regular travel as required.
- Manages local, and regional community event outreach and promotional events in collaboration with Marketing specialists where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s and/or College Degree in Business or Healthcare, Management, Nursing, Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations.
- Preferred four years of a clinical-related field.
- Preferred 10 + years of experience in sales and health services account management.
- Experience with payers and related healthcare affiliates
- Experience working at the C-Suite level of the Book of Business.
- Experience managing large accounts.